Skill Level: Easy
Course: Dinner, Lunch
Green Peas puree or sauce is usually served over rice or cornmeal and some people (like me) just eat it alone as a green peas soup. It’s so delicious!
Ingredients for Sòs Pwa Frans (Green Peas sauce):
- 2 cups or 20oz. of frozen green peas
- 10-14 cups of water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of scallion
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Maggie bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 spoon of Parmesan cheese
- 1 scotch bonnet/hot pepper (optional)
- In a big pot add the green peas, garlic cloves, scallion and 1 thyme. Boil it for 30 minutes or until tender. (Add water if needed)
- Strain the water into another container for later use.
- Add the peas and the other ingredients to a blender with some of the strain water and 1 Maggie bouillon.
- Blend it adding strain water if needed.
- Once it’s blended, put the puree into a net colander and drain everything into a pot. With a wood spoon move the puree to rinse all the water.
- Once all the puree went through the colander, put the pot to a minimum boil.
- Add a pinch of salt, the scotch bonnet pepper and 1 thyme branch. (A little secret, I use 1 spoon of Parmesan cheese to add thickness and flavor to the sauce)
- Cover the pot and steam the sauce for 10 min.
- Serve with white rice or drink it as a soup.